"I can get by without travel insurance, can’t I? It’s just a quick trip overseas."
Unlike a passport, travel insurance isn’t mandatory. But there are more reasons than ever to consider buying insurance when you travel:
- You or a family member may become ill, and the trip would need to be cancelled
- There may be unexpected flight delays or cancellations
- A covered tour operator, airline, or cruise line may default or declare bankruptcy
- You may miss connections and have to make alternate plans
- Your baggage could be lost or stolen
- The cost of health care, hospitalization, or an ambulance abroad could be prohibitive
- Medicare and domestic medical insurance may not cover you
- A medical emergency may require evacuation
- You may have a non-refundable vacation package
Travel Insurance from Allianz Global Assistance
Travel insurance from Allianz Global Assistance provides the protection you need to travel with greater peace of mind. Allianz Global Assistance protects your trip investment and provides benefits for unexpected covered emergencies.1 Insureds have worldwide access 24/7 to medical and travel specialists in the event of unexpected emergencies or problems.
Allianz Travel Insurance offers three plans:
- Trip Assist Protect: Travel protection and assistance services—a perfect fit for everyday domestic and international travel, including cruises and tours, with essential trip cancellation/trip interruption, baggage damage/loss, emergency medical/dental, and missed connection benefits. Coverage for home uninhabitable, normal pregnancy, financial default, terrorism, and job loss is included among many other covered reasons.
- TripAssist Family Care: The TripAssist Family Care Plan offers generous protection for all domestic and international travel. With features like comprehensive trip cancellation and primary emergency medical coverage, 24-hour travel assistance and benefit enhancements to tailor the plan to your travel needs, it's the perfect companion for the perfect vacation.
- TripAssist Family Care with Cancel Anytime: With features like comprehensive trip cancellation, primary emergency medical coverage, and 24-hour travel assistance, the TripAssist Family Care with Cancel Anytime plan is there if life throws an unexpected wrench in your travel plans. Plan must be purchased on or before the final trip payment date and must cover the full non-refundable trip cost ($10,000 maximum).
CONTACT A TRAVEL AGENT
1Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Insurance benefits underwritten by either BCS Insurance Company or Jefferson Insurance Company. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of these plans. Plans not available to residents of all states.