Passport Photos and Information
The first step in planning a trip outside the United States is obtaining a U.S. passport. Below is information to assist you with getting or renewing your passport.
Passport photo services are available at any AAA branch.
- First two sets are $10 for Classic members, and free for Plus and Premier members. Additional sets cost $5 each for all members.1
- Non-members pay $15 per set.1
State Department Urges Travelers to Renew Passports Early
The U.S. Department of State urges travelers who hold passports expiring in 2016 to renew early. The department is expecting a flood of renewals of 10-year passports issued in 2006 and 2007, when the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative went into effect.
- You are applying for your first U.S. passport; or
- You are under age 16; or
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16; or
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged; or
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago; or
- Your name has changed since your U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change.
First-time applicants will need to bring the following items with them when they apply:
Visit the U.S. Department of State website for first-time applicant details.
Your expired or soon-to-expire U.S passport can be renewed by mail if it:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older;
- Was issued within the last 15 years; and original or certified copy
- If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must apply in person.
How to submit a U.S. Passport application by mail:
Visit the U.S. Department of State website for renewal details.
- Renewing applicants can request expedited service by mail or in person. First-time applicants can request expedited service only when they apply in person.
- Visit Get a passport in a hurry for detailed expedited requests instructions and prices.
- View current processing times.
Please note that submitting incorrect passport fees can delay the processing of an application.
Visit the U.S. Department of State website for further details, or call the State Department’s National Passport Information Center toll-free at 1-877-487-2778. In addition to passport information, the U.S. Department of State also provides information on Canada and Mexico border crossing requirements.
Visit any AAA branch for passport photos1 and information.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
1Passport photo fee is subject to change without notice and at any time.