FREE TRAVEL PLANNING TOOLS
TourBook® Guides, Maps, and TripTik® Travel Planner
As a member, you’re entitled to free travel materials covering the United States and Canada. That includes:
- AAA TourBook® guides to find AAA Approved and Diamond-rated hotels, restaurants, and must-see attractions
- AAA Travel Guides to North American cities and other popular destinations
- Customized TripTik® Travel Planner designed specifically for your trip, along with detailed maps and guides providing local and regional information
You can pick up travel materials in printed form at your local AAA branch, or you can access them digitally on your mobile device through the AAA App. (In the app, you’ll find guides under “Maps and Discounts.”)
We’re always with you, even when you’re on the go. Enjoy peace of mind and your favorite time- and money-saving AAA services right on your mobile device, including:
- Roadside Assistance
- TripTik® Travel Planner
- Member discounts
- Gas prices
- Driving directions
AAA became famous for its paper maps, but you can also reach your destination with help from our interactive TripTik® Travel Planner.
- Access detailed interactive maps for a single location or create complete itineraries with stopovers and driving times. Historic congestion data, scenic byways details, and a route modification tool let you fully customize the trip.
- Quickly and easily find points of interest, from AAA Approved and Diamond-rated hotels and restaurants, to campgrounds, to electric vehicle charging stations.
- Searchable Travel Guides feature detailed destination, attraction, and event info written by our team of travel editors.
- Skip the hassle with pre-planned Drive Trips in the U.S. and Canada. Each one includes a detailed background of the area being visited, along with an overview of your route, estimated driving time, mileage count, and preview photos.
Guide Series Maps
Appreciate your travels even more by discovering the legacy of your destination before you arrive. With the Guide Series—available for Route 66 and some National Parks—you can plan your trip ahead of time to ensure you make the most of your travels. Most guides include:
- Convenient lodging
- Road trip tips
- Main attractions
Planning a trip while keeping a close eye on your spending? Use the AAA Fuel Cost Calculator to estimate how much gas you’ll need, and how much it’ll cost you.
- The calculator uses current gasoline prices from AAA's daily Fuel Gauge Report, as well as the latest highway fuel economy ratings from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for your vehicle.
- You can also use the TripTik® Travel Planner to find the lowest gas prices at over 100,000 gas stations nationwide.
Plan for Road Conditions
Before you hit the road for your next adventure, make sure you know what to expect on the highway. AAA maintains a convenient list of links to the Department of Transportation sites of all 50 states, so no matter where you’re going, you can check for closures and weather advisories.
Traveling with Pets
Taking furred and feathered pets with you on the road can be a rewarding experience for everyone. Planning ahead is key, though, and that’s why we’ve put together the AAA PetBook®. It includes:
- More than 14,000 pet-friendly AAA Diamond-rated hotels and hundreds of campgrounds
- Attractions that welcome pets or provide on-site kennel service
- Dog parks and pet-friendly national public lands
- Emergency clinics, U.S./Canada border crossing information and pet travel planning tips
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Auto Club Services, LLC is affiliated with an organization of motor clubs that provide motor club-related, insurance, travel and financial products and services having a principal place of business at 3333 Fairview Road, Costa Mesa, CA 92626